Friday, June 03, 2016

Woman Shares Heartwarming Story On Facebook As She Celebrates 32nd Birthday


Found this story on Facebook and decided to share.

My Name is Awelechukwukaumemma...It means God's Favour is greater than man's struggle. On Saturday 28th May 2016. I shall be 32years old.I promised to share my story here one day. I think this is that day.
The pix on the left is an evidence of where I was.


I am the tattered little girl in  school uniform without storks, you can count my ribs lolzzzz. The other two well dressed little girls are my Step sisters.
When I was 7months old my mom left me with my Dad and step mom and never looked back (I'm crying now as I type this story. I can't hold the tears anymore). I was left to struggle and survive on my own.
Growing up was hell.

There was no punishment,  no amount of beating I did not receive for making innocent childish mistakes like not washing the dishes well, not sweeping the floor well, fetching water on time etc. My young virgina became very used to bearing the pain of HOT PEPPER cos pepper was always applied to it on regular bases and I will be tied up like an armed robber and abandoned in the bathroom or toilet for as long as my step mom wishes just because I made silly, innocent mistake. I will be starved #omg# on one occasion our neighbours child caught me eating the food our dog remained , he ran to his mom and told her, so from there the woman started hiding out food for me. My sisters I suffered dearly from Physical, emotional,  mental, psychological Abuse.

 I grow up hating myself, my circumstances everyone and everything.  But I never ever gave up on my struggle to survive it all even as a very little child. She strongly opposed my going to a federal government school even though I passed excellently but Dad didn't listen to her objections. I want to the boarding house and that place became a heaven on earth for me. I hated holidays.

Immediatly after i finished from secondary school i passed my first jamb and got admmitted to study law but just then she was attacked with stroke.  I had to ignore my first admission to study law so as to cater for her as she was staying in one thick village for her traditional treatment and her kids were over pampered and nobody will be able to cook, wash, and bath her. I still remember my Dad's face wen he call me into his room and told me about taking her to the village for her treatment and that the problem now is who will stay with her cos she can't even seat up right and I also just gained admission to the university. Without even thinking twice I gladly said I will go and stay with her until she's well. Dad looked at me very surprised and asked Y? I told him no matter what she has done to me she remains the mother I know and I she has made me the person I am today. He almost broke down in tears.

Even while i was looking after her she kept abusing me saying I'm the cause of her situation that she had BP Immediatly she learnt that my Dad got my mom pregnant and it was that BP that has developed to this stroke she's suffering now. #Imaginethat# anyway i never gave up on her i stood by her nurturing her until she could walk again and talk well.

When she became well Jamb started Jamming me cos i couldn't pass the law cut off point anymore. That was how i went to study accounting it was in my final year in accounting that i decided to just write another jamb and behold i made it. Meanwhile her marriage with Dad had ended and i was always going to visit her in her fathers house where she was, i will even buy her things she likes with the little money i saved up. Each time i come to see her she cries and cries and cries begging me to forgive her that she she can't stand my kindness.

She suffered from stroke again and was rushed to the hospital (then I was in 200level law) I was there with her and she asked for her own daughter who was busy clubbing with friends in lagos. I told her daughter to rush down the next day cos mom may not make it this time. Mom died in my hands as I was feeding her but b4 she died she asked for her daughter again but she absent. Mom had tears in her eyes as she said to me  "in life we don't know who will Bury us so the best we can do to be kind to everyone, Awele thank you God bless you" then she gave up the ghost. Her daughter came In 15mins after her mom died. That days experience has not left me till now.
My Dear sisters my Story long abeg....let's call this one Episode 1.

As I'm about to mark my 32nd birthday I look back to where I'm coming from and all I can say is THANK YOU GOD FOR NEVER GIVING UP ON ME. THANK YOU GOD FOR BLESSING ME WITH A WONDERFUL HUSBAND, LOVELY KIDS, LOYAL AND FAITHFUL FRIENDS. I love you all. May God bless you all.

No comments: